The Jaw Type couplings are offered in the industry’s widest variety of stock bore/keyway combinations. These couplings require no lubrication and provide highly reliable service for light, medium, and heavy-duty electrical motor and internal combustion power transmission applications.
Applications include power transmission to industrial equipment such as pumps, gearboxes, compressors, blowers, mixers, and conveyors. Jaw Type couplings are available in 24 sizes, from a minimum torque rating of 3.5 in-lbs (0.4 Nm) to a maximum torque rating of 170,004 in-lbs (19209 Nm) and a bore range of .125 inches (4.45mm) to 7 inches (178mm). The standard bore program covers AGMA, SAE, DIN bore/keyway, and spline bore combinations. Jaw Type couplings generally consist of two hubs (available in sintered metal, aluminum, bronze, steel, stainless steel, and ductile iron) and an elastomer element, known as a spider or cushion (materials available include NBR SOX rubber, Urethane, Hytrel®, and Bronze).
Stainless Steel Jaw Coupling
- The stainless steel version of the industry-standard shaft coupling
- Interchangeable with L and AL line of hubs (except AL150)
- Finished bores passivated for added rust protection
- Accommodates for angular and parallel shaft misalignment
- Fail-safe (will still perform if elastomeric “spider” fails)
- No metal to metal contact
- 2 Stainless Steel Hubs (with set screw)
- 1 Elastomeric Spider (SOX, Urethane, Hytrel®, or Bronze)
- Max Bore: 1.875 inches (48 mm)
- Max Nominal Torque (standard SOX): 1,240 in-lbs (140 Nm)
- Max Nominal Torque (Hytrel® or Bronze): 3,708 in-lbs (419 Nm)
|【Advantages】||Advantages of stainless jaw couplings:
High torque capacity and excellent response.
Compensate the angular and axial misalignments.
Resistance to oil and electrical insulation.
|Stainless steel Curved jaw couplings are suitable for anti-corrosion applications, servo motor, stepper motor, screw rods, etc.|