Type D DIN2828 stainless steel fluid safety hose fitting camlock hose coupling
DIN2828 camlock coupling coupler Type D
According to European EN 14420-7 and the German DIN 2828 standards, camlock fittings can be coupled with the standard of MIL-C-27487 / A-A-59326A, but differ in terms of hose tail design. A flat thread seal has been added to the female threaded parts, and a smooth hose shank complying with DIN 2817 has been added for assembly with RK safety clamps complying with DIN 2817.
DIN2828 (EN14420-7) Camlock fitting, smooth tail with collar using with safety Clamp (EN14420-3/DIN2817)is assembled with hoses.
Body Material: Stainless Steel or Aluminum
Arm: stainless steel
Thread :BSP, G (ISO228.1),R (DIN2999).
SIZE: 3/4″ to 6″
Working pressure: 50-250Psi(It depends on the size and temperature)
Manufacture method: precision casting & gravity casting.
Camlock fittings Feature:
Light, flexible and interchangeable
To connect and disconnect without tool
The application of camlock fitting in variety industries.
Industry: Oil, mine, municipal, construction, chemical and agriculture.
Application: hydraulic oil, coolant, gasoline and petroleum products, fuel delivery, water treatment, brine, wastewater, chemical transportation and storage etc.
We are experienced as we have been in this industry as a manufacturer for more than 10 years. Both of quality and service are highly guaranteed. Absolutely prompt delivery. We can produce according to specific drawings from customers. Welcome OEM/ODM project. Strict control on quality. High efficient and well trained sale service team. ISO9001, CE and SGS certified.
1.Q: Are you a producer or trading company?
A: We are an experienced manufacturer. We own production line and kinds of machines.
2. Can you make our specific logo on the part?
Yes please provide me your logo and we will make your logo on the part.
3. Can you manufacture products according to my drawings?
Yes we can manufacturer according to client’s drawings if drawings or samples are available. We are experienced enough to make new tools.
4. Q: Can I get some samples?
A: We are honored to offer you our samples. Normally it is for free like 3-5 pcs. It is charged if the samples are more than 5 pcs. Clients bear the freight cost.
5. Q: How many days do you need to finish an order?
A: Normally it takes about 30 days to finish the order. It takes more time around CHINAMFG season, or if the order involves many kinds of different products.
6. what kind of rubber washer do you apply to camlock couplings?
Normally we use NBR gasket.
Handling Overloads and Stall Conditions in Fluid Couplings
A fluid coupling is designed to handle overloads and stall conditions in power transmission systems. When an overload or stall occurs, the fluid coupling utilizes its unique operating principle to protect the drivetrain and the connected machinery:
- Slip Feature: One of the key characteristics of a fluid coupling is its ability to slip at high torque loads. When an overload situation arises, the fluid coupling allows some relative motion between the input and output sides, known as slip. This slip absorbs the excess torque and prevents it from being transferred to the driven equipment, effectively protecting it from damage.
- Fluid Circulation: During normal operation, the fluid inside the coupling circulates smoothly between the impeller and turbine, transmitting torque with minimal losses. However, when an overload or stall condition occurs, the fluid circulation may become turbulent, generating heat in the process. This heat dissipation helps in absorbing and dissipating the excess energy, preventing the transmission system from experiencing sudden stress.
- Automatic Reconnection: After an overload or stall condition, once the excess torque is dissipated through slip and heat, the fluid coupling automatically reconnects the input and output sides, resuming the power transmission. This automatic reconnection ensures that the system returns to normal operation once the overload situation is resolved.
- Sturdy Construction: Fluid couplings are designed with robust and durable materials to withstand high torque and thermal stresses during overload conditions. The strong construction ensures that the fluid coupling remains reliable and operational even after multiple overload events.
Overall, a fluid coupling’s ability to handle overloads and stall conditions makes it a reliable and essential component in various industrial applications. By providing overload protection and slip characteristics, fluid couplings help prevent costly damage to equipment, increase operational safety, and contribute to the longevity of the entire power transmission system.
Fluid Couplings in High-Temperature Environments
Fluid couplings are versatile power transmission devices commonly used in various industrial applications. However, their suitability for high-temperature environments depends on several factors, including the design, materials, and the specific operating conditions.
Here are some key considerations regarding the use of fluid couplings in high-temperature environments:
- Fluid Type: The type of fluid used inside the coupling greatly influences its temperature capabilities. Some fluid couplings are designed to handle higher temperatures by using specially formulated high-temperature fluids that can withstand elevated heat levels without degradation.
- Materials: The materials used in the construction of the fluid coupling play a crucial role in determining its maximum temperature tolerance. High-quality materials with good heat resistance properties are required to ensure reliable performance in high-temperature conditions.
- Lubrication: Proper lubrication is essential to reduce friction and heat generation within the fluid coupling. In high-temperature environments, ensuring sufficient and appropriate lubrication is crucial to prevent excessive wear and potential damage.
- Cooling: Some fluid couplings come equipped with cooling systems, such as cooling fins or external cooling circuits, to dissipate excess heat generated during operation. These cooling mechanisms can enhance the coupling’s capacity to handle higher temperatures.
- Application Considerations: The specific application and load requirements must be taken into account. In some cases, high-temperature conditions may be intermittent or occasional, allowing the fluid coupling to cool down between cycles. However, continuous high-temperature operation may require a more robust and specialized fluid coupling.
It is important to consult with the fluid coupling manufacturer to understand the temperature limitations and performance capabilities of their products. Manufacturers can provide guidance on selecting the appropriate fluid coupling for specific high-temperature applications.
While fluid couplings can be suitable for moderate to high-temperature environments, it is essential to operate them within their specified temperature range to ensure optimal performance and longevity. Extreme temperatures beyond the coupling’s rated limits can lead to accelerated wear, reduced efficiency, and potential damage, ultimately affecting the reliability of the power transmission system.
In summary, fluid couplings can be used in high-temperature environments, provided that the coupling’s design, materials, and lubrication are suitable for the specific application and operating conditions. Regular maintenance and adherence to the manufacturer’s guidelines are essential to ensure reliable performance and durability in such environments.
Controlling Torque and Rotational Speed with Fluid Couplings
A fluid coupling plays a crucial role in controlling torque and rotational speed in power transmission systems. The principle behind its operation allows for smooth torque transmission while offering some level of speed control:
- Torque Transmission: When power is applied to the input side (also known as the driving side) of the fluid coupling, the impeller starts to rotate and accelerates the transmission fluid inside the housing. The kinetic energy of the moving fluid creates a rotating flow pattern that transfers torque to the output side (also known as the driven side) of the coupling. This torque transfer enables the connected machinery or equipment to start smoothly without any shock loading.
- Slip: In a fluid coupling, there is always a slight difference in speed between the input and output sides due to the viscous nature of the fluid. This speed difference is known as slip. The slip allows the fluid coupling to protect the connected components from sudden torque spikes and vibrations. If the output side experiences an abrupt load increase or jam, the slip absorbs the excess torque, preventing damage to the drivetrain.
- Speed Control: While fluid couplings are not as efficient in speed control as variable-speed drives, they do offer some inherent speed control characteristics. The amount of slip in the fluid coupling affects the output speed relative to the input speed. By adjusting the fill level of the fluid coupling or using different fluid viscosities, it is possible to fine-tune the speed at which the output shaft rotates. However, it’s important to note that this speed control is limited compared to other speed control mechanisms.
Overall, fluid couplings provide a reliable and efficient means of controlling torque during power transmission. Their ability to dampen torsional vibrations and provide overload protection makes them suitable for various applications where smooth torque transfer and protection against shock loads are essential.
editor by CX 2023-10-05